12 thoughts on “Differentiation by Task – A Story of Effective Collaboration

1. Wow! On so many levels!
    Wow 1: great strategy.
    Wow 2: great use of resources.
    Wow 3: yr 10 do Othello and Wuthering Heights! And compare them!
    Wow 4: you have your own classroom! (lucky lady and lucky pupils)

Thank you so much for sharing this. Brilliant post.

2. Thanks!! I hope I get this class for A level because they are going to be awesome! They already are. We are doing AQA literature which asks you to compare. Tricky but so great to teach such excellent literature and have it appreciated!! We are very lucky that all full time Eng staff have their own room. It definitely gives me room to play

3. Hi – I’ve been reading your blog with interest having been drawn here via Twitter. I love the idea of SOLO and have just been introduced to it the same way! Am thinking about my PM obs more carefully with this in mind an would like to test it out at the same time – it’s a very low ability Y9 set but I’m going to give it a go – if I can get my head around it!

• I hope you found my reflections on it useful. I’ve used it as part of my everyday teaching all year and it has made a big difference to learning conversations with the kids and my planning too. It works with top/ middle/ bottom sets alike. Good luck and I would love to hear how it goes.

4. Pingback: Pedagoo Fringe Reflection on SOLO Workshop 8 | Reflections of a Learning Geek

5. Pingback: Pedagoo Fringe Reflection on SOLO Workshop 8 | pedagoo.org

6. Pingback: No Pens Day | Reflections of a Learning Geek

7. Pingback: Independence is… | Reflections of a Learning Geek

8. Pingback: Differentiation by Task – A Story of Effective Collaboration | Reflections of a Learning Geek | Educational blogs to read | Scoop.it

9. I have been devouring your posts this past week; it’s all so inspiring. I have to say also, that’s its easy to read, understand and visualize all that you are talking about; the pictures, your voice and clarity are super. Thanks! I am in western Canada and really intrigued about SOLO- never heard of it. Can you point me to some key sources for information?

• http://www.learningandteaching.info/learning/solo.htm

http://pamhook.com/solo-taxonomy/

Firstly, thank you for your lovely comments. It’s always nice to hear that what I’m writing is helpful and clear. Above are two links which should give you a bit more information on what SOLO is and how it can be applied. It is fairly simple and needn’t take too much research to implement but it is so effective in demonstrating actual learning to pupils that it’s worth the time persuing it. Let me know if you have any questions or if you fancy trying it put and need a hand.

10. Pingback: Ruler of Shakespeare’s Meter | Reflections of a Learning Geek